Sunday, October 19, 2008

Feeling Better

So after visiting the doctor I was very disappointed.  I found out that I am going to gain weight on this medication no matter what.  And my doctor didn't seem to be too concerned about it.  I asked about medications and he told me that I could take Alli, but it's not covered and he's not sure how much it would help.  Just writing this and remembering his lack of concern is making me sad all over again.   Anyway, I also e-mailed my shrink and asked her about it.  She said that with my history of meds not working well and negative side effects we should stick with this one since it seems to be working and the weight gain is not that significant.   They both seemed to have a let's wait and see attitude.  I personally would rather not wait and see the weight increase.  

So I decided to go ahead with the Alli.  Now I will wait and see what happens.  If I am still gaining weight then I'm going to...  well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it... if we come to it...

No comments: