Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dear DirecTV,

To Whom It May Concern:

 

My account number with your company is 13506414.  We canceled our account with your company on October 28, 2008.  I spoke to Esther who informed me that we had a 2 year agreement with your company.  We never agreed to any term commitment.  We’ve been loyal customers for over 5 years.  She said that because we moved last April and received free installation, we then had agreed to a 2 year commitment.  The first time that we heard or received anything about a 2 year agreement was the day that we canceled with your company. 

 

If it was an oversight on your part, then we should not be held responsible for an early cancellation fee.  Esther said we would be billed 350.00 dollars for this cancellation.  After speaking to Esther as she hung up on me, I realize that we are at an impasse.  I will not be paying this bill because I do not owe this money.  Please cancel the cancellation fee. You are responsible for this.  If this fee shows up on my account and you still require me to pay it, I will have no other choice then to take this to small claims court to resolve it.  This will not be the first time that I’ve had to go to small claims court.  I have yet to lose a case.  It will cost you more money to go to court and lose the case then it would be to just cancel the fee. 

 

If you look back at my account, you will see that the mistake here is DirecTV’s.  I’m not responsible for this fee and it would be unethical of you to bill me this fee.  Please do the right thing and cancel the fee.

 

Thank you,

 

No comments: