Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BINGO

I spent my holiday sleeping in until 8am (woo whoo) and then going to El Sobrante to the Boys and Girls club to play a marathon of bingo.  My grandmother has been volunteering her Mondays to the boys club for as long as I can remember.  Since I turned 18 (we won't mention how many years ago) I've been there to visit and play a few times.  It's always fun and sometimes I've even won!  

Yesterday I didn't win.  Well, I didn't win any money.  What I did win was a full 8 hours of nobody asking me if this is ok or is that ok or can i do this or can i do that or can i have this or can i have that mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy...

What I had was people coming up to me saying "Oh, you're Shirley's granddaughter! How nice to meet you."   They also asked me if I wanted anything!  They brought my BBQ ribs to me at my table.  It was nice and refreshing to be taken care of instead of taking care of everyone else.

No comments: