Friday, August 29, 2008

Rice and Meat and Gravy

When I was growing up there were a few things my mom made that would make me stuff myself silly.  Now understand that when I was younger I didn't eat much.  My mom was a great cook, I just didn't like food.  Spaghetti was one thing I loved and another was Rice and Meat and Gravy.  Sometimes my mom would make mashed potatoes instead of rice.  OOOhhhh yummy.  That's what I made for dinner tonight.  For my favorite meal I don't make it that often.  Not because of it's difficulty, but because it's not the family favorite.   Tonight it was a hit.  Even after taco night last night.

Here's the instructions:

You get some beef.  stew meat, fajita meat, whatever.  You slice it up into bite size pieces.  Throw it into the crock pot with 2 packages of brown gravy mix and about 3 cups of water.   Let that cook for about 6 hours on low until the meat is so tender it's falling apart.  Then just mash up some potatoes or cook up some rice, thicken the gravy and voila, dinner. 

 

No comments: