Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ahhhh The Beach... The Ocean... The Waves...

I used to go to the beach all the time.  I lived 30 minutes away.  There were days when I would get off work and head out and let the waves wash the stress of the day away (figuratively).  I would just sit there and watch the waves go out and come back in.  It was great.  

I recently got a chance to go back to the beach.  I don't even know how long it's been since I've been to see the ocean.  It's one of those things that you take for granted living in California.  

My parents moved to Colorado a while back and although my mom has been back to visit a few times my dad has only been back once and just for a weekend.  They are both coming to visit next month and one of the things my dad wants to do while they are here is go to the ocean.  I wish I could be the one to take them, but they are leaving my house and going to Santa Cruz.  Maybe I'll just hide out in their trunk...

No comments: