Monday, July 14, 2008

Ruff, ruff, ruff, grrruff, ruff

So I honestly liked those sandwiches so much that I made them again for dinner tonight.  Yummy!  In other news... a mystery was solved today.  My neighbor has a yappy little Jack Russell Terrier who loves to bark.  They leave him outside a lot of the time so he barks a lot of the time.  My bedroom windows are about 20 feet from the fence where this dog barks.  I was lucky enough to buy a house with new dual pane windows.  As long as the windows are closed it's not too bothersome.  However, it is summer and the nights have been nice and cool enough to sleep with the windows open.  Until 7am and the dog starts barking.  He doesn't just bark once or twice or for a minute then stop.  He barks constantly.  

Back to the mystery part.  I have been wondering how the owner can stand to listen to the barking all day long.  Tonight we were playing in the backyard with a little net and birdie thing the kids found in the garage and the birdie went over the fence.  Adam and the kids went over there to get it back.  Apparently it is just one old guy who lives there alone and can hardly hear.  So although it doesn't help my situation any at least now I know why the owner lets the dog bark all day.   

From Adam's experience talking to him tonight I'm not sure talking to him about the dog would do any good so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave a comment.  I have tried sleeping with ear plugs, but I don't like the feeling and I won't wear them when Adam's gone because I feel I need to hear the kids.  I have also thought of cutting a hole in the fence, reaching through and putting a muzzle on the dog every night.  I don't think that will work.  I also thought of slipping some of my meds into a treat and throwing it over the fence.  The problem there is if it hurts the dog I would feel bad.  I don't want to hurt him, I just want him to shut up.

No comments: