Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Pie

So my mother in law makes, er, used to make this chocolate pie that all the kids loved.  Now my sister in law, Rachel, makes it.  We have it at all Francis holiday gatherings.  We were hosting Christmas Eve with the Francis family at our house this year.  As it turns out Rachel couldn't come.  We found out last night that we wouldn't have chocolate pie unless we got the recipe and made it ourselves.  No problem.  My mother in law gave us the recipe over the phone and I wrote down every word.  So we made the pie this morning and it didn't seem to be turning out just right.  It was a bit runny and we kept thinking it would set up, but it never did.  We talked to Rachel and asked her about the recipe and she gave us different amounts of the ingredients!  When my mother in law got here she looked at the pie and went on and on about how beautiful they were.  I voiced my concerns about the consistency and she said they were fine.  Then my husband brought up the fact that Rachel gave us different amounts of flour and such and it was like a light bulb went on in her head.  She realized that some of the amounts she gave us was to double the recipe and some of the amounts were not doubled.  What a mess...

1 comment:

Matt Skinner said...

Runny chocolate, thick chocolate...it's all chocolate to me and THAT'S what matters!