Thursday, July 2, 2009

FSUSD

So I am very frustrated with the school district right now. They have changed the boundaries for the schools so now my children go to different schools. Now this wouldn't be a problem if I could get a straight answer from them as to which school my incoming 8th grader is going to go to. I first learned of the boundary changes a while ago. An old neighbor of mine informed me that her daughter (who is in the same grade and school as mine) was going to be moved to B. Gale Wilson. I immediately went to the school web site to find out where our attendance area landed us. I was informed by the web site that they were in the process of updating the system and I needed to check back on June 24th.

The morning of the 24th I got online first thing and was greeted with the same message. Later that day, however, I got on and there it was. So I typed in my address and to my surprise the school of residence listed for 7th and 8th grade was B. Gale Wilson. I called the office of secondary education and asked them if my daughter who already attended Sullivan would be moved to B. Gale Wilson or if she would stay at Sullivan. She told me that I would be getting a letter in the mail explaining the situation and there would be a part to fill out if I wanted her to stay at Sullivan otherwise she would be going to B. Gale along with my incoming 7th grader.

By the way, I never got a letter. On July 1st a letter was posted on the web site explaining that if your incoming 8th grader was already at Sullivan she/he would be able to stay at Sullivan and would be automatically enrolled there. This not only confused me, but upset me a little bit. My husband really wants both kids at B. Gale Wilson. So I called the district again and spoke with another lady. I explained the situation to her (that I didn't want them at different schools) and she told me that since I had an incoming 7th grader at B. Gale my 8th grader would be able to go to B. Gale, too.

I explained to her that according to the letter she was going to be automatically enrolled at Sullivan so how do I go about getting her enrolled at B. Gale. She didn't know. She told me that I have to speak with someone in the open enrollment office. Of course there was nobody available to talk to me now so she told me to call back on Monday.


Ugh! I don't even know what I want anymore!

No comments: